sábado, 4 de outubro de 2014

I Could Have Lied

Can the fear of a lie make us reject the truth? There must be something in the way I feel. In the way I picture you and how you fell. This happens with the cards of solitaire: you never know if the game ends. Then, it shuffles and other cards are out. We can always distort reality. Especially if I'm really awake, and you are very sleepy. Exactly at the same hours. And I'm also very busy thinking too much. You could have lied. But I should also have believed at first, in the dark, because I could have trusted.



| Pt |

Poderá o medo da mentira fazer-nos rejeitar a verdade? Deve haver qualquer coisa na maneira como me sinto. Na maneira como te imagino e como te sinto. Acontece isto com as cartas do solitário: nunca se pode saber se o jogo tem fim. Depois, baralham-se e saem outras. Podemos sempre distorcer a realidade. Principalmente se eu estiver muito desperta, e tu bêbado de sono. Exactamente às mesmas horas. E eu muito ocupada a pensar demasiado. Podias ter-me mentido. Mas eu também devia ter acreditado à primeira, no escuro, porque podia ter confiado.